Now I see my dreams slipping into woolen socks. I feel my scientific thoughts dripping into electronic pages. So I cling to my most passionate art forms.
I am proud to present to the people of wordPress a Liebster award of my very own making. You have https://sounjawalters2.wordpress.com/ to thank for such a momentous occasion, as do I. Thank you Sounja!
Now eat my eager answers and let my dreams cling to your woolen socks.
- In your opinion, what is the meaning of life? I believe most human beings have the capacity to satisfy most of their wants & needs automously. The meaning of life begins where said capacity falls short. I believe each life is spent discovering and cultivating a meaning of life based on the wants & needs each life possesses, which cannot be satisfied in solitude.
- Are you an introvert or an extrovert? If my answer to the previous question isn’t evidence enough, I can easily live my life as an introvert in solitude. When the mood strikes, I can enjoy and take advantage of an extroverted environment. With a fluid identity, this capacity fits my personality. I must admit though, I typically feel more comfortable with introversion.
- If you could bring back one cancelled television show, what would it be? At this very moment, Caprica. Don’t get me wrong, Battlestar Galactica is worth the watch. But Caprica is worth re-watching over and over.
- What is your favorite book and why. The most memorable book for me right now would actually be a textbook: “Homosexuality & Civilization” by Louis Crompton. They describe different cultures, as well as how homosexuality fits into them. It is a book I will undoubtedly read it at least once more. My bookshelf is simply overloaded.
- Why did you decide to start blogging? Building off my answer to the first question, I blog to describe my belief of how gender & sexuality bridge the gap between ourselves as individuals and the rest of the world. As such, I believe gender & sexuality exists within the space that most life discovers their own meaning of life.
- What famous person (living or dead) would you like to invite over for dinner? Honestly, I have never been one to have a role models. I really have absolutely no idea who I’d invite. I suppose I look to myself to answer the questions I possess, not others I admire.
- Do you have any pets? If so name and describe them. I have none, my landlord doesn’t permit them. However, I would love to have some combination of a dog, cat, and/or bird. I also want to raise kids, if I find the right partner, within a community where the child(ren?) are exposed to more than one adult relationship regularly. I.e., more than one set of parents. It’s a small experiment of mine I’ve wanted to carry out for years. I think it would result in a far healthier upbringing for any human being I can imagine existing within my puny little head.
- What is your idea of the perfect afternoon? Knowing perfection would mean having experienced it once before. I can imagine some would argue I have experienced it for at least one moment of my life, but what is a moment? A second or a year? Time is relative, based on gravity I believe. Thus, I do not believe I ahve an answer for this particular question.
- If you could delete a word from the English language, what would it be and why? Deleting one word would do nothing to settle my personal qualms with my native tongue (English). Other than sparking an aimless intellectual discussion, I find this exercise worthless.
- Do you believe in magic? I want to build a game universe where fantasy and science fiction are melded into one. I will accomplish this through the concept of magic. My answer, as such, is remarkably similar to the explanation of agnosticism; both answers are equally plausible. I like to keep my options open.
- What is your favorite song? Excuse me? My favorite song? Do you have a favorite breath you have taken since birth? Perhaps a favorite bite of food out of all the bites ever taken? Music is all around us. It is in the way we speak and walk. It is in the pace at which we type on our keyboards. The voices we hear in our heads when the youtube video finishes. There is no one “favorite” song. However, I suppose I can share with you a song that has enough interpretations to relate to my life in more than one way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl8BCOuWh9c I am quite fond of it!
**Here are the Liebster Award rules for this round **
1. Thank the person who nominated you by tagging their original post to yours.
2. Answer 11 questions.
3. Nominate other bloggers who deserve this award.
4. Ask them 11 questions.
5. Put these rules in your post.
6.Inform the bloggers you have nominated.
In this case, my choice in nominations (i.e. #3) is mostly determined by those whose perspectives I want to learn more about. If you’d rather not answer some of my questions, I won’t be insulted. I want to hear what you have to say though.
Here are my 11 questions:
1. What wants & needs do you possess, as an individual, that you find difficult to satisfy without outside assistance?
2. How would you define gender & sexuality? Are they distinct concepts in your head, or do they coalesce into something else?
3. How would you define intimacy and sexual intimacy? How do these definitions relate to your gender & sexuality, as defined above?
4. How do you most like to begin and end significant and/or meaningful experiences and relationships? Any dominating themes?
5. Where do you go when you are full of feeling? Have you ever let others join you in those spaces? It could be a physical space, or otherwise.
6. What does time mean to you in relation to your life? Which do you prefer to put the most and/or least emphasis on: the past, present, or future?
7. Define fun. Within the human experience, what would you identify as it’s opposite? Define that too.
8. Define passion. Within the human experience, what would you identify as it’s opposite? Define that too.
9. Do you enjoy searching for connections between thoughts and ideas? Why/how or why not?
10. What qualifies as sexual contact for you? More specifically, when does contact, physical or otherwise, cease to be sexual for you?
11. Do you prefer to “go with the flow” or “stick to your guns”? In other words, which takes precedence in your life: your perceptions or your judgements (respectively)?
Here are the blogs I am nominating:
Thus ends my momentous occasion of being so honored as to receive and pass on this magnanimous award.